5 great runs:
- Westward Ho to Peruvian Gulch. 2 feet of fresh powder in the final drop toward Who Dunnit
- Tunnel to Mineral Basin, mostly fresh and deep
- Baldy Shoulder Traverse to Alta Baldy Shoulder: One big long amazing pitch with fresh deep powder at the top and bright sun above.
- East Greeley. Touched but still great
- Gad Chutes. Trees, deep powder and the occasional rock that took off my ski.
Wrong. At 1:30 a solo ice climber fell and it required a helicopter to get him off the mountain (lots of broken things) and that required closing to road to give the helicopter a place to land. The road was backed up all the way to Alta but thankfully we were at Snowbird Entry 1 when the road opened at 4:30.
By 5:00 pm we were back in Sandy at 90th & State Motors (9011 S State St, Sandy, UT (801) 255-3377) looking at a 98 Mazda MPV All-Sport 4wd -that we found on craigslist. ___ miles. After zipping around a few icy/snowy parking lots and having (controlled) fun it was clear that this was our car so we proceeded to ignore all the good advice about how to buy a used car. So 4WD Only are not as scary for us anymore! A pretty efficient one hour.
Kids had a great time sledding in the back yard and we watched the ball drop (much easier when it happens at 10pm).